Monday, July 16, 2007

Back in Oz

First and foremost I want to thank the faithful few who still are reading this blog, I know it has been a long and windy trip, and I have fallen behind a few times, but it was always my intention to keep this here site as up-to-date as I possibly could. The adventure is almost at an end, we fly out this Friday, the 20th. I dont know if its felt as fast to you all as it has to us, but fear not, we have a few more adventures coming up!!! Tomorrow morning, at about 9am, I will be waving to you all from 14000 ft (A little goodbye gift I treated myself too)!!!

Just to recap, the last two days in New Zealand, in Christchurch, were calm, uneventful, recovery days that were sorely needed by all of us! We had to say goodbye to three girls we met at the beginning of the trip, it was a sad night, but thats the way it goes in traveling. On the 12th the three of us had flights, but Megan and I had a later flight then Laura did, so we went to the airport with Laura, dropped off our bags, and headed to the the Antarctic Center. The highlight was the simulated antarctic storm, which wasn't that bad, I mean I was wearing shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt, but I guess it was cold for others (Megan was wrapped up like a Christmas present). Thats about all we did in Christchurch, like I said, it was a nice relaxing couple of days.

I shall post at least once more before returning home... so don't give up on me yet!

4 comments:

Oooka said...

What? I can't wait to see you tomorrow with that photo you are going to post! It's countdown time for the three of you. Have tons more fun before you get on the plane to come home. See you soon!

Oooka

Anonymous said...

"If the people in New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands and push 'em closer!"
—Lewis Black, after a 22-hour plane trip to New Zealand

Anonymous said...

Ben, Megan, Laura
What a trip and I look forward to seeing Cliff Notes edition of your 2000 pictures, with short narrative, kidding,
Ben we got your message,if you do get a chance to read a blog before you guys leave. See you at 9:45 AM Friday
I wish I didn't know your sky diving plans,but since I can not figure if it already happened or will happen, I will have another cup of coffee and look forward to the video. Mom can not get to the phone so call her cell, 310 351 8584, Steve says hello and wants to go with you to Boston, so he will take you, just giving you a heads up, see you Friday

Anonymous said...

oh, I see you used the name Oz, when back in Australia, Peter Allen was the Boy From Oz, and sang the song, " still call Australia home"
OK everyone, back to sleep, with that tidbit