Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Rest of the North Island

So it has been too long since my last post, I know, I know, but we have been doing so much that I haven't had enough time to tie my shoes, let alone go on the internet.

I left you in Taupo as I recall, which were two uneventful days due to weather, but the nights were a different story... but we won't get into that. All I'll say is that the Holy Cow never saw it come'n!

From Taupo we drove to River Valley, which is a little, secluded lodge in the middle of no where. There I played a round of golf at their little pitch and putt that made the Los Feliz course look like Pebble Beach. Megan and Laura rode horses along the river, I was going to, but it had been a while since I cursed the golf gods, I thought it was time to rekindle our old relationship. I came in third, but I came within half a meter of hitting a sheep, which I thought was way more satisfying.

From River Valley we headed to Wellington, the capital city of the Kiwis. We stayed here for two nights, though the first was filled with mixed emotions, half the bus we had become mates with over the past week and a half were leaving the next morning. We stayed out way to late, drank way to much, and parted ways only fitting for the traveling companions. We explored the city the next day... after sleeping in and taking aspirin of course.

Wellington was our last stop in the North Island and the second morning we were on the ferry to start our South Island expedition!

First stop: Nelson...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July or is it July 5 there already?
Everything here is good, mom is doing well, it is hot, about 100 or so, the grass is dead, so don't rush back to cut it. Glad you got a chance to play a bit of golf, If you hit a sheep, is that called a birdie? OK, maybe not too funny. Is a sheep plural and a Shep is a stooge? from the 3 Stooges, forgot you guys may not know of the stooges. Anyway, Nikki in Sydney will email you guys, I sent her mom the blog. Ben, have you had a chance to sit and have a good smoke? Megan are you sober? Laura are you trying to keep the others inline? Good luck, when you guys get back we will roast a lamb or will you all be so tired of lamb? You have tried it haven't you??
How is the coffee? Pastries? weather?

Oooka said...

Happy July! Yes, it has been a while since you last posted but better that you're having a great time! Unkie Tim will be happy to know that you played golf. The best news regarding Tim's golf game is THAT HE FINALLY BROKE 100! It was a net 59 or some ridiculous number like that. We're having hot dogs and hamburgers today (4th of July). My Mom is bringing her famous potato salad. I made some chili last night. I am debating upon whether to make Spam musubi or not. Laura -- eat your heart out!!!! Then for dessert we are going to having banana splits! Unfortunately we'll have to get up and go to work tomorrow! I am so happy that it sounds like all of you are having a great time. I hope you'll remember everything you've done because I want to hear about it! Take care and see you guys soon!

Oooka

Oooka said...

Tim-Tim can't remember his password so I've logged in for him. Here he is!

If Megan and Laura are still alive, then
Jason Bourne is "toast". New intellagence from Langely warns that Nelson is not "frendly". It's a trap. Your orders are to skip the south island and go directly to Anartica. Wait for a "courior" at the south pole. He will have your new instructions. We have decided to cut your pay because golf was not a part of your "cover". Screw up once more and "The Transformers" will pay you a visit.

tim

Bev said...

Sounds like you guys are still having a great time. Aren't you even a wee bit homesick? ready to sleep in your own beds? have your own things around you? Your mom & I got to that point at some point in our trip to Europe, but that was only after sleeping on beaches & boats & anywhere else we could find to sleep. More on that when you get home. Always look forward to your posts

Love
Bev

PS - took David to the airport last night - he's literally more than 1/2 way to China - actually Thailand.

Anonymous said...

Hey its Nick

Hope you guys are having fun. its been really stressfull here in the usa. The dodgers lost Schmitt for the whole season and wolf is out for 15 days and bimal is having heart probelms. so its a good thing you guys are staying longer there because you dont want to come back to this mess. lol
have a good one

Anonymous said...

hey guys how goes it
Ben Ihave your computer back, i am uspstairs the wifi works, so it is moms computer that does not work, i am afraid to let her use yours just wanted to try this and see if worked
so who did the bungee jump saw a video of our secretarys daughter doing two jumps, oh my, in Aukland, over water, whoa baby, lots of stretch in them cords she did ahve a smile, a grateful smile after the jump
mom comes home on Sunday, she is doing well, each day is better